Your clients can indulge their love of travel without having to buy their emergency medical travel insurance every time they take a trip. Manulife was the first to offer term travel insurance - buy once, take any number of 30-day trips; guaranteed renewable annually until the age of 80. Travel80 offers multi-year travel emergency medical insurance for years to come. Your clients will avoid applying every year or before every trip; and they will not need to worry about changes to their health that may affect their eligibility.
Travel80 is the only travel product your clients will ever need!
- Emergency medical insurance for trips of 30-days
- For Canadians between the ages of 18 and 65 inclusive, as long as the policyholder continues to have coverage under a Canadian provincial or territorial government health insurance plan
- Guaranteed renewable annually
- Annual premium rates will always be based on the policyholder's age at application
- Policy terminates at 80 years of age
- No deductibles
- Every 10 consecutive years, if claim free, the policyholder will receive 50% return of premium
- Automatically eligible to top-up Travel80 coverage for trips longer than 30 days.
Travel80® Term Travel Insurance is currently not available to residents of Quebec or New Brunswick.
Applicants must be a Canadian resident* between 18-65 years of age, inclusive and have coverage under a Canadian government health insurance plan. Applicants under age 46 will need to answer a short medical questionnaire. Applicants age 46 or older will need to complete some additional questions about their health.
Premiums are payable annually to age 80, when the policy terminates. Because this plan is guaranteed renewable every year until age 80, your clients will have the same protection from the day they apply even if their health changes.
Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please contact us for details.
*Travel80® Term Travel Insurance is currently not available to residents of Quebec or New Brunswick.
Your client will be covered for up to 30 days for any trip, without having to apply every year or before every trip. Policy is effective the 1st of the month following approval of application.
If your client wishes to travel for more than 30 days, they are automatically eligible for top-up coverage by simply calling Manulife prior to departure or within the first 30 days of their trip. Additional days will be covered by the benefits, conditions and exclusions in their Travel80 Term Travel Insurance policy.1,2
Travel80 Term Travel Insurance covers medical conditions that remain stable (unchanged) during the 3 months prior to each departure date.
Policy holders can cancel their policy anytime.
1 As long as you have a valid Canadian provincial or territorial health insurance plan.
2 As long as you have had no event during your trip that may result in a claim.
Up to lifetime maximum aggregate of $5 million CDN for:
- Hospital & physician bills
- Paramedical services
- Ground ambulance transportation
- Dental treatment to relieve pain and in the case of an accident
- Repatriation in the case of death
- Medical evacuation home
- Meals, hotel, phone calls
- Transportation to bedside
- Return of dependent children
- Return of travel companion
- Vehicle return
Rates are locked in at your client's age when the policy was issued. Annual premiums are always based on age at issue until the policy terminates. For example, if your client buys at age 40, every year the policy is in force, they will pay the annual premium rate for a 40-year-old. The younger they are when they apply, the more they save.
AND every 10 consecutive years that your client remains claim-free, they will receive a 50% return on premiums.
Annual Premium Rate Table
* Age on date of application
Important Reminders about the Travel80 Term Travel plan:
- Ideal if your clients are planning to be frequent and long-term travelers. They can have coverage for 30-day trips. If they wish to stay longer, top up coverage can be purchased without answering any eligibility questions. They will need to complete a medical questionnaire to determine their rate category or per diem rate for the additional days.
- It's important to buy when your clients are healthy so they can have guaranteed renewable coverage until they're 80, even if their health changes.
- Every 10 consecutive years that your clients remain claim-free, they'll receive a 50% return of premiums.
- Premiums are based on your clients' age at the time of application, so it's advantageous to buy at a younger age.
Important Reminders for your Travel80 Clients:
- The Wallet Card is found in the policy.
- The Wallet Card and Travel80 policy should be kept with the insured at all times when travelling.
- The policy includes telephone numbers in case of a medical emergency or if an extension of coverage is required.
And don't forget to tell your client...
- To contact the Assistance Centre before receiving treatment while on a trip. Travel80 Term Travel Insurance has a 25% coinsurance provision that may limit the benefits if a call is not received. In addition, specific covered benefits may be limited or not covered if the Assistance Centre has not been contacted.
- To read the policy with particular attention to exclusions related to medical conditions as well as other exclusions that apply to the coverage.
- Always carry their wallet card or policy when travelling.
- Top-up coverage can be purchased for any additional days and the same terms and conditions of the Travel80 Term Travel Insurance policy will apply to the additional days of coverage. NOTE: If the policyholder purchases top-up coverage from another company, that is, other than Manulife, they will not be covered under Travel80 Term Travel Insurance for any part of that trip.
Q. Will the policyholder's medical condition affect coverage?
A. Most travel insurance plans limit coverage of pre-existing medical conditions. Travel80 Term Travel Insurance covers medical conditions that are unchanged during the 3 months prior to each departure.
Q. Will the policyholder have to pay a deductible in the event of a claim?
A. There are no deductibles with Travel80 Term Travel Insurance. As long as our Assistance Centre is notified before receiving any treatment during the trip, we will pay 100% of all eligible claims
Q. Will Manulife pay the hospital or physician directly or will the policyholder have to pay the full amount themselves, and then be reimbursed later?
A. Manulife will make all the payments on behalf of the policyholder. The policyholder can simply contact the Assistance Centre prior to treatment and they will communicate with the medical provider, arrange direct billing where possible and coordinate payment of the emergency service received.
Q. How much coverage does Travel80 Term Travel offer?
A. The policy offers a $5M lifetime maximum, with no trip maximum so there is no worry about overspending the maximum coverage amount on any single trip.
Q. What are the eligibility requirements to apply?
A. To apply for Travel80 Term Travel Insurance, the applicant must be 18 to 65 years of age and a resident of Canada, and have a valid Canadian government health insurance plan on every trip. They will need to answer a short pre-screening questionnaire and, if they are 46 years old or over, there will be some additional questions. The application is then sent to Manulife to be underwritten. We will submit the information for all approved applications to you to give to your client.
Q. How will premium be calculated for top-up coverage?
A. To apply for Travel80 Term Travel Top-Up coverage, the policyholder will need to contact you, their broker, or Manulife. They will have to complete a medical questionnaire to determine their rate category and the per diem rate for their additional days of coverage. The top-up coverage for the additional days is issued under the same terms and conditions of the Travel80 Term Travel Insurance policy. NOTE: If the policyholder purchases top-up coverage from another company, they will not be covered under Travel80 Term Travel Insurance for any part of that trip.
For Client Use
Below, organized by type of document, are tools and materials Manulife has prepared to help your clients better understand Manulife products, feel confident that their Manulife products will meet their needs and help them understand some of the plans' finer details, such as rates.
Travel80 Term Travel Insurance
For Advisor Use
Below, organized by type of document, are tools and materials Manulife has prepared to help you, the advisor, explain Manulife products and match them to your client needs.